NOTE: While this position is currently mostly remote, in the field collaboration will sometimes be required, so we are limiting it to the Bay Area and northern California.. Normal PST hours will be required. This position has a potential for hybrid return to office/studio in the Bay Area.
Reel or Website Portfolio submission is required. Candidates without a comprehensive body of commercial/professional work will NOT be considered.
We are seeking a seasoned video editor with expertise in end to end digital video creation that loves crafting great marketing and narratives through digital video content. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, very autonomous, has strong editing and post production skills as well as experience with modern DSLR or Mirrorless cameras, and is interested in design and marketing strategies that use video and motion to tell compelling stories. We want someone to help us make some of the best Real Estate Marketing content even better.
As our primary editor, you will play a pivotal role in crafting how thousands of agents and buyers around California discover and become excited about the best Real Estate listings on the market. It’s a particularly exciting time to join our team as we are growing and this success is predicated on the notion that a story well-told, well-visualized, and well-experienced, on a rapidly-expanding digital platform, can improve the buying experience and show the real value and impact on creativity in the world.
As a creative leader on the video team, you will also work cross functionally with shooters in the field, the creative team, and other contract editors to craft the best Real Estate Marking content in California. You will be hands-on in editing and providing editing feedback, while also providing oversight, guidance, and feedback to a number of contractors and in-house creatives – you’re leading the creative charge on defining the company’s video voice & aesthetic and showing others how to implement it in their workflow.
The day-to-day will be starting off helping the Video team review videos from other editors to QA, monitor improvements, and create optimizations for client hand off. Then you’ll move on to cutting, slicing, and creating incredible narratives from video footage submitted by our incredible team of in-the-field shooters. This is where you’ll hone the consistency and continue to drive the end product forward with new styles, graphics, shot sequences, and over all concepts. Next you’ll follow up with shooters providing feedback on needed changes and improvements while we collectively drive towards new and awesome products. Then you’ll round out the day checking in with the design and product team about how they can help up our game with new branding elements and workflows. Awesome editing chops, a passion to create beautiful stuff and collaborating with an incredible team is the daily commitment.
- Oversee, guide, and optimize end to end production workflows
- Provide tight quality control on output
- Help in the day to day editing
- Craft and maintain top editing aesthetics while in service of the narrative
- Effectively track and share project status, identify and resolve potential delays, QA and troubleshoot technical problems, and confirm that all aspects are ready for launch
- Drive and document efficient processes in collaboration with creatives and product development teams
- Staying well versed in pop culture, and passionate about digital entertainment including the latest trends and technologies
- Experience working hand-in-hand with creative teams: Design, Marketing, stakeholders
Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ Years NLE craftsmanship and expertise using Premiere, DaVinci, or FCPX
- 5+ years professional or commercial working experience (not school)
- Intermediate experience or better in After Effects
- Reel or body of work showing solid execution of editing and post production
- Experience with modern LOG workflows
- Expert in digital video editing, still and motion graphics design, and video compression for multiple delivery platforms.
- Experience color grading a mix of different formats (90% LOG)
- Strong experience editing and handling workflows of the most common DSLR and Mirrorless camera formats
- Fluency with professional cameras, prosumer camcorders, various HD and SD formats, pre-production/planning, studio and field production, lighting/grip, scriptwriting, storyboarding, photography, and motion graphics.
- Experience creating proxy and sequence exchanges
You get bonus points for:
- Real Estate Experience
- 2+ years managing people
- High Volume Content creation
- Part 107 FAA License
- 3D CGI Experience (Cinema 4D, etc)
We are a fast-growing Bay Area company that provides creative and marketing services to the Real Estate industry. Started in 2005 by a single photographer in San Francisco, we’ve grown into an incredible team providing a full range of the highest quality marketing services for California’s ever-growing Real Estate industry. We aim to become the best content creators and platform for agents and brokers. We couldn’t have had this success without our incredible team, and we want to continue with this formula. Great people make great things.