2319 California Street, Berkeley
2319 California Street is a light-filled Craftsman-style home in Central Berkeley. This home features gleaming hardwood floors, oversized windows, and updated baths. A generous deck in the landscaped backyard is ideal for outdoor entertaining. The finished detached accessory building is configured as a home office space with one bedroom, a common space, and bath. It is moments from the Berkeley Rep and Aurora theaters, weekly farmers market, and excellent downtown amenities.
The entryway opens onto a spacious living room with oak floors and large windows overlooking the tree-lined street. Through the open doorway is a formal dining room, lit by high transom windows.
The updated eat-in chef’s kitchen features a charming checkerboard tile floor and tile backsplash. he kitchen peninsula provides ample space for meal prep as well as a breakfast bar for quick meals. Custom cabinets and open shelving offer abundant space for the most well-stocked pantry. Off the kitchen, is a washer and dryer, and custom energy-efficient multi-paned French doors open onto the peaceful deck.
On the other side of the home are 2 bedrooms, each with sunny windows and large closets. A linen closet in the hall offers ample storage space.
Highlights at a glance:
- Remodeling work done by Levitch Associates
- Paved driveway with tandem parking
- Energy-efficient forced air furnace
- Tankless water heater with timer system
- Earthquake gas shutoff system
- Dual pane windows and French doors
- Owned security system
- Upgraded foundation with earthquake bolting and bracing
- Rainbird irrigation front and back
- Motion detecting security lights